Health, Safety and Environment Policy
It is Wastech’s policy to operate in a safe, responsible manner that respects the environment, the health of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate.
- We foster a culture that empowers and supports anyone intervening to safeguard people and to protect the environment.
- We assess and manage health, safety and environmental risks and we ensure appropriate controls are in place prior to commencing work and when circumstances change.
- We strive to pursue and continually improve our Health, Safety and Environmental management systems and processes to achieve an incident-free workplace.
- We comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards; and apply reasonable standards and judgement where laws do not exist.
- We provide employees with health, safety and environmental competencies consistent with the requirements of the job.
- We require contractors to manage health, safety and environmental risks using standards and practices that meet or exceed ours.
- We support pollution prevention, waste reduction and sustainable practices by incorporating social responsibility, environmental excellence and economic success in decision making processes.
- We drive continual improvements through an on-going review of health and safety hazards, as well as environmental performance objectives and targets.
- We recognize that every employee, at every level of the company, is accountable for complying with and putting into practice the company’s health, safety and environmental values and principles.
This policy was revised in December 2011, and it shall be reviewed periodically.